Re: [Epic] 40K history?

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 09:49:14 -0600

At 10:20 AM 3/3/97 +1000, you wrote:

>The Imperium suddenly became a politically correct culture. The Imperium
>suddenly cared about humanity, boldly defending it against all enemies (and
>they just keep numbering up) The Emperor was transformed into the good guy,
>and ambiguous term at best of times. And Horus and the traitors changed from
>misled marines to real bad guys.

Of course they became politically correct, it's good for sales. Look at
D&D. No more demons or devils, the Nine Hells became the Grey Waste, etc,
etc. While most people on this list seem to be relatively mature adults,
the stuff in the old _Realms of Chaos_ was a little harsher than most people
would want their adolescent child reading.

>Me I prefer the horrible, doomed, Imperium of the past. I prefer the
>hopeless situation they were left in.

Much more complex and adult. Much less effective for business.

Temp