Re: [Epic] Warlord Battlegroups

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 12:24:36 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Jyrki Saari wrote:

> > Long range battlegroup.
> >
> > #1 Barrage missile
> > Barrage Missile
> > Plasma Cannon
> > Plasma Destructor
> >
> > This Titan is tasked with destroying large groups of infantry on
> > the first turn using his one shot missiles. On later turns he will use
> > the Plasma to kill heavy armor (high save) targets. Use a warp missile or
> > two if shv squats are to be found.
>
> Why two plasma weapns? When it fires either one, it can't fire the other.

The two plasma weapons are there in case you take damage to one. If you
put a CC weapon in the other one (common tactic) and take damage to the
one plasma weapon you now have a hard to kill statue. More importantly it
gives you flexibility. If you need to reach out and kill something FAR
away or with VERY good armor then use the Destructor. If a large number
of targets are closer with lower armor then use the Cannon. Gives you
options that only one weapon doesn't and you wouldn't be able to use the
other weapon anyhow.

Jason used a nice Reaver combo on me last night. Two turbos and a
volcano. Three Turbo and one Volcano on a Warlord might be something.