Re: [Epic] Campaign Rules

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 12:59:43 +0000

> I've heard a little about the campaign rules included in WHFB 5th
> edition on the warhammer newsgroup and I've become very curious.
> It sounds a lot like each player controls certain territories, and
> your army can only include certain models (like mages) if you have
> the proper territory. Depending on whether you win or lose battles
> your little empire will grow or shrink. The whole thing sounds like
> it could add some flavor to battles without a lot of overhead & the
> need for a referee. So I have 2 questions:
>
> 1. Are the rules any good?
>
> 2. How easy would it be to translate them into Epic terms?

I have seen these rules applied to 40k in a ongoing campaign at the
local hobby shop. I believe they are an adaptation to rules that
appeared in CJ some time ago.

The rules are pretty good and thay can translate to epic with little
difficulty.

I have been using a similar system, I can give you a summary if you'd
like.

Peter