Re: [Epic] Another Epic40K vs NetEpic post :)

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 09:49:46 -0500

tzeentch666_at_... wrote:

> >This is friendly discussion, not a version flame. :)
>
> Oh, of course not :) <wink>
>
> <snip me>
>
> >That's funny, because it is the exact kind of argument that I've
> heard from
> >E40K supporters--that the new version is much more like a wargame
> than the
> >old.<
>
> <boggle> What kind of wargame would that be. Playing Epic40K I had
> visions
> of the old GI Joe cartoons dancing through my head. the little blast
> markers
> just made the image clearer. I can't think of a SINGLE 'hard-core'
> wargame
> that plays like Epic40K :)
> Maybe you mean it plays like a boardgame? <ducks>

Of the top of my head:Command Decision, Combined Arms, Spearhead,
Striker II, Dirtside II, & Harpoon

Granted in CD/CA blast markers are called "Pin 1/Pin 2" and if you get
enough of them you just die, not can't hit the broad side of the barn,
but more or less the effect is the same.

I will give you that the BM supplied with the game do look a bit
cartoonish, but the FIRST thing I did was haul out my smoke markers from
my micro armor box and away went the cartoons.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com