Re: [Epic] Another Epic40K vs NetEpic post :)

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 12:54:32 -0400

At 09:39 AM 8/28/98 -0600, you wrote:
>They never got everything, but they could get a few things, which was
>appropriate to the their clan personality. To newer players: Orks used to
>have "personality", whereby each clan type had certain abilities and
>behaivors that the others didn't.

Ah. So now it is up to you, the commander, to apply these "personalities"
to your detachments, instead of having a rule take over. Gee, who wants to
think? I just want to roll dice!

>> 4) Army design takes all day.
>> Do them before, like when you are painting the suckers. What? You
>> don't paint your army? Go away then you are a munckin
>
>I paint my army, and I liked being able to put together a 5000 point army in
>five minutes. The "make your own detatchment" rules add nothing to the game,
>as 90% of detatchment compositions don't work well with each other anyways.
>All it is good for is frustrating newer players who haven't learned that
>yet, because the "brain trust" didn't think to point this out in the books
>anywhere.

You know, armed forces don't just "sprout" tactics and strategies. There is
_supposed_ to be a learning curve, and part of what needs to be learned is
what makes a good detachment. Another thing you need to learn is what
detachments complement each other, and what detachments just don't mesh.

Elias