Re: [Epic] Chaos Marine Air Defense & Artillery (E40K)

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 14:04:23 -0600

Don Perrin wrote:

> I'm thinking of putting together a Chaos Marine only army. My fear is that
> it has a hopeless flaw in having no flak or fighters or artillery. I do
> notice that Chaos Marine detachments can have Chaos Artillery. Does this
> make the detachment, and hence the army, non-Marine?
>
> Any thoughts on how to get around this? Looks like fielding a Chaos Marine
> only army is rather suicidal.
>
> Don Perrin
>
> ====

Marines can survive without air support. I've won many games with marines
against normal air forces. Their armor is good, and the stubborn ability
reduces the effects of blastmarkers.If your opponent has over 25% of his
points in airforce, you can get in trouble. But sometimes not. No Fear. He can
only use his firepower everyother turn, so you should be able to outshoot your
opponents ground forces. Use terrain on the turns where strafing runs are
expected.

Thane