Re: [Epic] Your armies

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 00:11:45 -0600

Tzeenecht_at_... wrote:

> I have just started playing the tyranids. but i have a little trouble
> balancing the firepower with assault, because the guys with good assault have
> no FP and vise versa. If anyone could please send any helpful tips. I am also
> working on a 40 or 50$ budjet. OH YEAH.Greg how much do you want for the
> biotitans and how many.Are they painted
>
> LOGAN

  I make spore assault detats having 10 or so termagants,10 genestealers, 5
lictors 2 or 3 tw's and a HT or two. Always make sure you have at least a little
firepower to keep your opponent from getting a +4 to his roll right off the bat.
A few TW's give you, good fP and good assault. 2 ht's are good for Assault
detats, as you almost always get the psyker bonus. Big detats with lots of
command work better than lots of little detats with little command. A hard lesson
learned.

If you are bringing them on from the edge of the board, throw some assault spawn
in. That gives you decent firefight power, increases your speed with a 75cm
march, and they don't suck in HTH. Just don't run them in front of Anti-Tank.

I ran a detat of 12 TW's, 1 HT and 7 Assault spawn a few times, and it kicked
ass. Unfortunately, all the rest of my detats had to use HT's for command, which
was really expensive.

Get at least 10 boxes of Tyrannid infantry (20 sprues). If you see an old box get
it; you get 3 times as much for the money. Order it from teh Trveling mage, as
the boxes go for $6.67 there.

Thane