[Epic] Chaos Whirlwinds

From: <tzeentch666_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 20:01:26 -0700

Why can't Chaos get Whirlwinds? By their own fluff, they should be allowed
access to them,as well as pretty much all the rest of the SM equipment
(Predators, Drop Pods, etc etc). All that stuff was around during the Heresy
and probably did not just "vanish" when they moved into the Eye. Ok ok, in
Netepic they can but in Epic40K they can't. go figure :)

BTW: The Global Games website is at http://www.global-game.com/ if you want
to check out their Inferno 6mm minis :)

To illustrate my point here is a little story from SM1 (which I am about
done typing up BTW)

---BEGIN---
The Space Wolves� Land Raiders hit the trees at speed, felling the huge
trunks like matchsticks as they followed the World Eaters into the woods.
The gray tanks cut great swathes through the undergrowth, leaving wide,
flattened tracks of foliage in their wake.

For a moment the noise of battle was dulled as the Land Raiders stopped
firing, trying to find a target amongst the Traitors that weaved out of
sight among the dark, oppressive trees.

The silence was broken by a series of explosions and a bright flash of
searing white light as several World Eater Whirlwind detachments opened fire
on the woods from a nearby hilltop. The whole forest was consumed with a
sudden flash as the flames caught the Land Raiders� fuel tanks. The Space
Wolves� screams echoed across the valley as they were blasted apart, unable
to escape from the metal death-traps. The Traitors were luckier. They spewed
from the edge of the wood, running ahead of the inferno their own side had
created.

The curtain of missiles swung across towards the huge tower blocks that lay
alongside the wood. The buildings shook as the barrage pounded into their
foundations. Like drunken men trying to stand, the huge towers swayed for a
moment, then came crashing down in a clouds of shattered masonry and
splintered glass on the Rhinos below. The carpet of vehicles was crushed
under tons of rubble, their tracks squealing as they sough to get a grip on
the muddy earth and escape. Less then one in fifty got out, only to be
picked off with a barrage of missiles that slammed into their battered hulls
and ripped them apart.

The World Eaters� Land Raiders thundered towards the rubble, lurching across
the broken ground. They disgorged a dozen squads, who clambered over the
ruined walls looking for survivors. Any that they found were shown no mercy,
The Traitors were men possessed, ruthless in their slaughter of their
brother Marines.

The low chant started on the edge of the woods, where Chaplain Rennan
shouted the terrible oath, and it was picked up by every last World Eater
that stood on the field. The Space Wolves paused in horror at the
bastardized prayer; it was the prayer of the Heretic.

�Honor the craft of war, for only Horus is higher in our devotion.�

Personally I think the little stories in the old books ruled, almost the
same quality as that found in the old Realms of Chaos books (of which I am a
proud owner).

Soon to come: the only website with an area devoted to ORIGINAL Adeptus
Titanicu/SM1 material! :)

Kenneth Peters
NetEpic Idea Rat
http://home.earthlink.net/~tzeentch666/