Re: [Epic] Another Epic40K vs NetEpic post :)

From: <tzeentch666_at_...>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 1998 20:06:48 -0700

<snip my comments>

>Couldn't agree more. Titan Legions does play fast if you know the
>rules well and the other player knows what he is doing. I find that
>setting up seems to drag on the longest, and setting up time doesn't
>change between Titan Legions and E40K if you use similar quantity of
>miniatures. Of course, the CC in E40K is nicer but I preferred that
>my vehicles and troops each act a bit, even if it takes a little
>longer to remember their stats. Also, I find that Chaos in E40K
>seems to be too much like a Space Marine army, especially since the
>simplified stats mean the models act very similar, and many of the
>recommended Chaos armies I've seen on here contain about 90% Chaos
>Marines and the rest is Flamers or Fleshhounds. I've tried, but with
>the rules from the box, about half my figures are downgraded in
>points (Daemon Engines, Greater Daemons, etc.) or just cut out
>completely. Minotaurs, Trolls, Disc Riders, Juggernauts, Chaos
>Squats? All gone. And unless you buy the Blood Reavers box (unlikey
>at $70 Aus) you do not have the variety of CSM figures to build an
>interesting (figure wise) army.
>
>Anyway, just my opinion on the matter.

Strangely enough, the old SM1 rules have many of the ideas later put in
epic40K!!! If you look closely enough you can see the parts they just ripped
off wholesale and slapped in the new game :)

I for one like the idea of infantry getting a decent save and the ability
for stands to be armed with mutiple weapons :) And the more I work on the
old game the more I like it.

As for Dark Eldar.. remember, the original Eldar did not have any troop
types past Swooping Hawks (much different then the current troops) and Dark
Avengers(?) who were the ground pounders. That's 2 infantry types! :) Of
course this is when the entire Eldar incentory consisted of a half page of
vehicles and other troops types and they had 1 Titan type :) <chuckle>

Kenneth
NetEpic Idea Rat
1st Edition Fanboy :)