Re: [Epic] Terrain Pieces Size

From: Greg Lane <greg_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 09:16:43 -0500

We typically use GeoHex hills to create ridge lines (5cm wide by 20cm long
approx), with an occassional wider "plateau", sometimes including second level
hills.

We typically use cut up GeoHex woods mat and similar looking material from the
do it yoruself clothes stores to create the template for wooded and forested
areas. These pieces vary greatly in size and shape, but generally are 3cm
wideup to 20 cm wide and 5+cm long by 20cm long. The majority on the table at
any time tend towards the smaller variety ... clumps of wooded areas = a
forest.

Rivers are about 5cm wide and cut from felt mostly.

We use Epic buildings, both old and the new ruins, which we like becasue you
can make a nice small building for a crossroads checkpoint or village.

We also have some WHFB/WH40K terrain we use, but you have to imagine the Epic
nature of it ... trees are too tall, rivers too wide, bridges too long,wide,
tall ....