[Epic] Terrain Pieces Size

From: Carl Billen <Carl.Billen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 09:45:37 +0200

What is the average size for terrain pieces ?

It's just to have an idea for my 'Epic Solitaire' rules. They are based on
the 'Solitaire Advanced Squad Leader' rules, and I'm still hammering away at
the rules to make them a bit more 'Epiccy'. You will make a single
detachment (or two small ones) for a total of 300 pts, and you will try to
grab some objectives with your small force. Random events would result in
getting reinforcements (or the enemy could get reinforced...) which would
result in a real 'Fog of War' feeling. I've been looking at the ASL maps,
and often you have little buildings on it. So to go back to my question :

How big is your average hill/building/ruins/forest/... ?

Because it seems a bit unrealistic ('Oh No ! He uses that word again!') to
have the ruins of a Imperial Skyscraper in an agricultural countryside (or
something). Would the average building be one, maybe two stoires high, with
the dimensions of about 4 stands ?

Carl Billen
Carl.Billen_at_...