Re: [Epic] Chaos Marine Air Defense & Artillery (E40K)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 20:33:51 +1000

J Andrew Evans wrote:

> Not sure I understand your point. Surely this is perfectly clear. Chaos
> Space Marine Detachments are those detachments created from those which in
> the Army list are headed "Chaos Space Marine . . ." (!!)
>
> Viz:
>
> Chaos Space Marine Detachment p89
> CHaos Space Marine Armoured Detachment p92
> And Supreme Commander (If a Chaos Space Marine) p93
>
> And nothing else!

What about theose detachments entirely made up of
CHAOS SPACE MARINE INFANTRY and CHAOS SPACE MARINE VEHICLES?

viz The Daemon Engines and Fliers?

I think the key is the list of vehicles, etc.
The rules on Strategy Rating clearly state that there are 3 types of
Chaos forces, to wit, Daemons, Cultists, and Chaos Space Marines. With
me so far?

Later on it gives lists of equipment:

Chaos Space Marine Infantry
Chaos Space Marine Vehicles
Daemon Infantry
Cultist Infantry

Still with me?

Now it seems to me that an army composed entirely of Chaos Space Marine
Infantry and Chaos Space Marine Vehicles, no matter how organised, is an
all Chaos Marine force. Should it contain anything on the other lists,
then it isn't. Should it contain no unit that's either a CSM Infantry or
CSM Vehicle unit, then it has the lowest strategy rating.

I'll leave the questions re War Engines till later.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo