Re: [Epic] Chaos Marine Air Defense & Artillery (E40K)

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:29:50 -0500

> However...IG and Sm cannot be in the same detachment

Actually, it appears that they most likely can. Check out the
Inquisitor supreme commander. (Yes, this Q will be on its
way to Jervis soon.)

> ...they are 2 seperate lists that are allied VERY FREQUENTLY.....

They are the same list, and are not considered "allies" when they
are used in the same force. (According to Jervis, allies use
the lowest strategy rating, whereas SM and IG use an adjusted rating.)
Of course, you knew all this. Consider my remarks little more than
belligerent nudging of those who continue to claim that mixing
marines and IG is, by definition, cheesey. :)

As to the Chaos question........ I don't know how much more clearly
it could have been stated. It doesn't matter what support forces
you have within your detachments, or what main forces you don't have
within your detachments. If your army is made up completely of
Chaos Space Marine detachments then it has a strategy rating of 5.
If it ins't, then it doesn't. The only arguement I could see
developing here is whether or not a Supreme Commander detachment
could ever be considered a Chaos Space Marine detachement. (I'd say
no.)

Still, reasonable people continue to raise the arguement. I will
most assuredly try and come up with a concise, clearly worded
question for Jervis.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/amccarle/
Mirrored by J. Michael Looney at:
     http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/allen-mirror/default.html
Or send your own questions to: