Re: [Epic] artillery

From: <StarFox567_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 17:02:40 EDT

<< tarFox567_at_... wrote:

> I tend to agree - Indirect fire (where the gun layer cannot observe the
> target)
> has to be more inaccurate than direct fire since there is some delay in the
> flow of information to the fire unit as to location of the target and
> adjusting fires. With barrages an easy soln is to use the 40k scatter dice
> move the barrage

         That's how SM/TL handled it. You also needed a unit that
 could see the spot you were trying to hit. Barrages scattered
 2d6cm in the direction of the arrow; a "hit" meant the barrage
 was spot-on.

         Apologies if this was brought up before; apparently I
 missed a few messages while changing addresses.

> disrupts are no problem due to their - with FP arty like the ork big gunz
it
> is more tricky - maybe they shoot at half FP, but then again the orks are
> screwed anyway so this seems unfair.
          With disrupts or mega-cannons you could force a penalty to
 hit. You could shift FP arty a column to the right when determining
 how many dice to roll.
  Scott
 shupe_at_...

 After somemore thought why not make all units using their arty ability to
shoot at /hit units they cannot see (indirect fire) into disrupt vice
firepower weapons, with dirupt rolls prorated by the nominal amount of
firepower in the dets shooting, when they can see their target then they
revert to the usual rules.

Kevin