[Epic] artillery

From: Rick Biesik <rbiesik_at_...>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 13:56:36 -0400

I have been thinking more and more about how artillery is used in Epic, and
I believe that it's abilities should be limited by line of sight to target
or any allied unit LOS to target OR ... (and I know this will cause a lot
of grief), it should be prearranged as to where the shots will fall. This
rule would necessitate playing on a board. If you do not have LOS, you
write down secretly coordinates as to where you want your shots to land (
example: 5cm in from the west edge of the board and 6cm from the north
side) and then at the beginning of the next turn your shots are taken using
a barrage template to make up for allow lee way for it being a stricter
rule. I just feel that unobserved artillery would be less accurate then is
portrayed,and should not be given carte blanche for every inch of terrain
in range. After all, realistically you shouldn't be able to see every
possible target(unless your a giant who dwarfs even the mammoth titans and
other war engines) This is a very rough idea but could be smoothed out
considerably.

Richard R.Biesik
Electronics Purchaser
Leica