Re: [Epic] Is this cheezy?

From: Blacksteel <blacksteel_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 23:11:11 -0500

>>> Is this Ork Army cheesy? My friend (IG) seems to think so. This is
for
>>> SM/TL by the way.
>>>
>>> Orc Clan Card: Bad Moons
>>> Support card #1 Giblet Grinder
>>> Support Card #2 Giblet Grinder
>>> Support Card #3 Giblet Grinder
>>> Support Card #4 Mekboy Pulsa Rockets
>>> Support Card #5 Bad Moons Weirdboy Tower

------------> Cheesy? No way. 3 cards of battleforts is usually making the
whole clan an easy target if they're loaded up.

>>> Orc Clan Card: Kult of Speed
>>> Support Card #1 Renegade Mekboys
>>> (Usually 2 Dragstas, 2 Lifta Droppas, 3 Bubble Chuckers, 1 Deth Rockets)
>>> Support cards 2-5 usaully vary.

---------> If you only end up with 2 dragstas total, then no. In my neck of
the woods 5 dragstas (1 per clan, typically) became SOP for some players.
There's not much else you can take in the Ork army as cheesy.

>>> These 2 detachments make up the bulk of my forces most of the time. My
>>> opponent usually takes LOTS of Barrage weapons, as needed for the guard,
>>> and so I take a force designed to get the boys in fast and as protected
as

--------> How many artillery company cards is Mr IG taking? How 'bout
ogryns? IG isn't inherently cheesy, but I've seen armies with no regular
troops in them at all, and 3 arty companies, and to me that's definitely
pushing it.

>>If you want to get the boys in fast then why do you use gibletgrindas?
>>Skullhammas are faster.
>
>I have only one Skullhamma model, I have 3 G.G.

------> Hope you work it in most games. Stormboyz are good for deployment
away from the rest of the army (have their own nob)

>>> possable. Also, Gork and Mork are with me when I draw for my Mekboys
>>> cards, as I seem to always get X-Tra Big Tires, Kustom Force Field, and
>>> Squig Fuel Injectors.
>>
>>Mechanising entire ork armies is not unusual. It happens all the time.
>

>I thought as such. My KOS deployment usually are centered on the
>Dragstas, for the force bubble. Between that and the Kustom Force Field,
>they are close to impenantrable.
>
>Eric

---------> I usually deply my Goffs as mechanized: Goffs clan card, 1)Giblet
grinda 2)Battlewagons, 3)Battlewagons, 4) Bonecrunchas 5)Dragsta
   They usually get where they need to be, and with 4 deathrollers, they can
blow a few stands out of the way to get to places they aren't expected.

Chris Miller