Re: [Epic] Space Marine/Adeptus Titanicus

From: Blacksteel <blacksteel_at_...>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 23:36:57 -0500

>I'm sorry some of you think I'm stealing money from GW. That is not my
>intent, nor do I even think I am in any way shape or form.

--------> Intent or not, your taking someone else's property and giving it
away without their permission.

As for ringing

--------> Oh! Well of course that would make it OK...

>Aside from the moralistic and legalistic arguments I see it as a service to
>the people who do not have access to this piece of history and may wish to
>see these rules. People in the real world I talked to seem interested so I
>continue. One shop keeper who told me "GW is the biggest rip-off!" when I
>bought the Chaos Codex yesterday seemed impressed someone even did it or
>wanted to.

----------> It shows up on auctions and sales on the internet fairly often,
so yu should have access to those. Whether GW is ripping people off or not
is a non-issue. People who want access to it should buy it. The fact that
it's more difficult to purchase 1st ed than it is to purchase the current
version means nothing.

>And I wish game shops around here had old copies of AT sitting around. I
>live in SoCal and there are a lot of shops around, but none have any
copies.
>Don't assume local conditions apply everywhere.

--------> The internet is local? Since there are no copies available in
local stores RIGHT NOW it's ok to steal it?

-------> For now...

>Feel free to do whatever you want with the stuff. While you are there check
>out my other projects like Epic Battle for Hoth, Epic Domination of the
>Draka (official!), Epic Ogre Miniatures (semi-official!) and others. I try
>to contribute to the Epic community as much as I can. If you have any
>ideas.suggestions, gripes, playtest reports, etc. let me know at
>tzeentch666_at_... I respond prompty to any emails.

--------> Contribute all you want, but this particular item is theft &
piracy, not a "contribution".

>And keep 'pirate boy' flames to private email please. At least I
>*contribute* to the Epic community fanboy. There, my one flame for the
week.

---------> Pirate. It ain't flamin' if you actually ARE one. "Pirate" is a
comon term for what you are doing. As for "fanboy", feel free to use all
the juvenile ad-hominem attacks you wish- doesn't make you right. I've been
on the list for quite a while now, and haven't noticed you posting til quite
recently. So now to "contribute" I guess we should all start posting
verbatim copies of all of our favorite games. Why don't we start trading
illegal software copies while we're at it?

If you're going to do it, at least be honest about what you're doing. What
gall to sit there and try to defend it as a "good" thing...

>Ken "Am I in r.g.m.w?"
>NetEpic Idea Rat

---------> No, numerous weenies there would probably be jumping in to
applaud you. GW might have picked up on it quicker, too. As you see, the
battlebible isn't in the clear, so what do you say now? Again, you're taking
a work which is not yours and you do not own the rights to and giving it
away for free without the permission of the people who do own it. This is a)
wrong and b) illegal. Some of us actually do care about these things, so
don't expect it to go away.

Chris Miller