Re: [Epic] Infiltrators & Reserve Speed

From: J Andrew Evans <J_Andrew_Evans_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 04:16:41 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:space-marine_at_...
>> Infiltrators do get their special move (say 40cm) as "entry speed" when
> moving
> onto the battle filed, even as reserves. So what is the problem with the
> prvious answer?
> <
>
> Because it affects the speed they enter the game.

So, your concern is their "speed" for determining their reserve roll to get
into the game, Right?

That roll is made on the detachment's speed not the speed of a single unit
type, right?<

Yes. But if you mix infiltrators with some troops in faster mobile tanks
(say, rhinos) to back them up then on entry the infiltrators swoop off to
get to the objective whilst their fellow detachmentees follow up to back-up
and support. If therefore the faster troops are in Rhinos then they would
get the quicker roll for entry into the game and get to the objectives
faster - as infiltrator/guerilla troops are wont to do.

If the infiltrators speed is dropped to 10cm rather than 10cm+30cm = 40cm
then their entry is delayed and thus also is the battle plan. I have
several detachments composed this way. Eldar scouts with Aspect Warriors
(Fire Dragons) in Falcons. Marine Scouts backed up by Whirlwinds.

And whilst it doesn't apply to this discussion about Reserve speeds, I find
Rough Rider/Ratling combinations quite powerful.

Andrew