RE: [Epic] "FIREPOWER" and Blast Markers

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:36:18 -0400

> Reading through the Rules changes errata just published in Firepower I
> come across this:
>
> Epic Rulebook
> page 31: Extra text added to the end of para 4:
> "Each blast marker on a detachment reduces its super heavy weapon shots
> or firepower by one each. The detachment's firepower is always reduced
> first, and if the blast markers exceed its firepower the remainders are
> deducted from its super-heavy weapon shots."
>
> I think this reverses the consensus we were coming to over Blast markers
> affecting weapons not shots and means the 3xAT weapon needs three BMs to
> shut it down.

I don't think so--that's how we've understood SHWs and BMs for a while,
since Q&A here. I think the question is whether it is one SHW with the
effect of 3xAT or 3 AT SHWs. The name/model might give clues, but having it
listed as 3xAT doesn't clear it up, since I think that's the same as for
Land Raider guns.

Thanks for posting about Firepower contents.

As a continuing forum, do you mean this is supposed to be a new regular
publication, dedicated to Epic?

andy