[Epic] 40K 3rd Ed release date & time! (OT)

From: Carl Woodrow <carl.woodrow_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1998 18:50:26 +0100

Hi all,
        Some of you may have heard some provisional dates for the release of 40K
3rd Edition being the 5th Oct (UK). That is slightly innaccurate as it is
the week commencing.

The actual date is Sat 10th Oct and it will not be released for sale until
11 minutes past 11am. In other words 40,000 seconds past midnight (the
marketing man strikes again).

The good news is that it's ready to ship now and I've had a look at the box
contents (briefly), and they are outstanding!.

the rule book is a lot more substantial and the figures are drop dead
georgeous. The Marines are multi part models and are interchangeable
consisting of legs, 2 part torsos, various heads (Beakies and new style),
various arms and even add on ammo packs, bolt pistols, scanners, targetters
and other assorted components. The bolt guns are completely new and look a
lot less boxy. Purity seals are included as well.

The dark Eldar figures are very delicate looking and again are multi-part
models with a variety of components and even different hair styles?!.

The new Plastic Land Speeder is included as well as proper chunky hard
plastic ruins and modular trees and scenery.

The templates are clear plastic rather than naff cardboard so seeing what is
underneath is a snap now (no more arguements).

As for the game...it is 'definately' Epic 40K in feel with rules for
supression fire, cross fire, and is designed for much larger armies. I won't
go into the rules in detail as it will spoil the surprise ( you can check
portent anyhow as they are pretty close on most stuff), plus I wouldn't want
to incur the wrath of those on the list that are not interested. (sorry for
the bandwidth guys..just thought a few folks may be interested).

Suffice to say what I have seen so far is immpressive and will accompany the
Epic system beautifully..but more of that at a later date.

Regards
Carl

Carl Woodrow
Gene-seed and Project Dropship designer