Re: [Epic] Response

From: Marc <tw44645_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 97 18:44:55 +0100

Response to Harvey Kitzman.

Well, well, well.
Here we go again.

I am going to explain what I meant to say to you, Harvey, because you don't
seem to have understood my meaning.

We are members of a 'mailing list'.This kind of list is a *public* forum
about a certain subject.
It means that when you post something, you post something *in public*, and
people with other background, another sensibility, etc ...
read what you posted.Posting a mailing list is very different to posting to
a friend, because people on the mailing list doesn't know you
personally and your 'sense of humour'.When I post something to a mailing
list, I try to keep this in mind.

Some time ago (in another list), I posted something that someone happened to
misunderstood.He said he didn't appreciate my message (for
one reason or another).I just answered to the guy that I was sorry if my
message was understood in the way he did, and that I didn't want to
mean what he understood.He just replied that he misunderstood what I meant
and everything was okay.

Now, about your previous message.I just happened (and always don't) not to
appreciate your remarks about the 'fucken greedy english bastards'.
Not because I am english, but simply because I don't think this kind of
remarks belong to a group of mature, cool gentlemen and women.

I certainly didn't say that *you* (or Keith) are stupid, because I don't
know you (and I am sure you are not stupid, BTW).
I didn't say that *you* are racist, but I did say that those remarks are
racist (or whatever) remarks.

I perfectly understand the word 'sarcasm', but we happen to have a very,
very different sense of humour.That's life folks, all of us are different.
Next time you post (or ask Keith to) a message to the list, please read your
message as if you were a stranger that *could* not appreciate your
sense of humour.

Now if you have something to add about this, please feel free to mail me at
tw44645_at_... , and it will be a pleasure for me to talk with you
about that.I don't think this is very interesting for the rest of the list
members.Okay ?

Now about the Squat situation in the Epic system.
Sorry if I say something like that, but the fact that the Squats are
(temporarily) going to disappear don't seem such a catastrophy to me (please
read further before you explode :)) ).Simply because I think that house
rules are going to come very, very fast for each and every Squat unit.
It would be a pleasure for me to work on that.

I understood that Paul is playtesting house rules to use Knights in the Epic
40K system, and I hope that you (Paul) are going to post them when they will
be playable.Why not post them to the CJ ?

The only difference could be in tourneys.Just use one of your other armies,
then.Is this such a biiiig problem ?

Now, if the coming of Epic 40K is such a catastrophy to you, Harvey,
_please__do__not__buy__and__play__it_.
What's the problem with sticking with Epic 2 or Netepic ?

One of your (long list) of griefs was that you have to buy 4 boxes of Eldar
Warhost to have a Banshee detachement.Well, good news : there will not be
leftovers in the new boxes (and I heard that the price increase in plastic
will not be so drastic, but I wanna see it before i believe it).

For months now, rough **half** of the postings we received are (some of
them, very agressive ... yes Harvey) whining posts about 'how GW is bitching
us !!'.Okay dudes, I think we got the message.Anything else to say ?

I am curious about the new system, but I don't make it a personal life drama
(like you seem to, Harvey) because it is ONLY A GAME.
When WHFB 5 was announced, there wasn't this kind of reaction in the WHFB
gamers' community, I really wonder why the reaction is so
agressive/repetitive/whining in the Epic gamers' community.

So, Harvey, I heard your point of vue and you heard mine.Like you said 'War
is over' (but I assure that there was never a *war point of vue* to me).
Feel free to mail me (my adress in my .sig) .

Marc.
Marc Feuerstein

http://student.vub.ac.be/~tw44645/
mailto:tw44645_at_...

La plupart des hommes n'ont que ce qu'ils m�ritent...les autres sont
c�libataires.