RE: [Epic] 40K 3rd Ed release date & time! (OT)

From: Carl Woodrow <carl.woodrow_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 00:20:48 +0100

>>Bah. Sounds like the Orks got screwed over then...more reason to stick
with 2nd Edition on both games.<<

Obviously you must know something I don't. When I played the intro to 3rd
edition the Orks were monstorous!. having an increased toughness and
leadership based on the mob size they are more in character with
hand-to-hand savages. When a mob is broken or the boss killed the remains of
the mob now no longer rout off the table, but instead head for the nearest
mob and join up. this makes them not only incredibly tough but a nightmare
to break.

I think you'll find the term 'screwed over' does not apply. The new range is
being done by Brian Nelson and the only concern I had after viewing the Ork
stats was everyone will want an Ork army now.

Of course I appreciate that 3rd edition will not be for everyone, but only
you can make that decision...either before or after the release is up to you
:)

Regards
Carl