RE: [Epic] 40K 3rd Ed release date & time! (OT)

From: Eric Harding <omegas_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 22:26:40 -0700

At 12:20 AM 9/10/98 +0100, you wrote:
>>>Bah. Sounds like the Orks got screwed over then...more reason to stick
>with 2nd Edition on both games.<<
>
>Obviously you must know something I don't. When I played the intro to 3rd
>edition the Orks were monstorous!. having an increased toughness and
>leadership based on the mob size they are more in character with
>hand-to-hand savages. When a mob is broken or the boss killed the remains of
>the mob now no longer rout off the table, but instead head for the nearest
>mob and join up. this makes them not only incredibly tough but a nightmare
>to break.
>
>I think you'll find the term 'screwed over' does not apply. The new range is
>being done by Brian Nelson and the only concern I had after viewing the Ork
>stats was everyone will want an Ork army now.
>
>Of course I appreciate that 3rd edition will not be for everyone, but only
>you can make that decision...either before or after the release is up to you
>:)

Simple. I like the clans. I don't like the GorkaMorka Orks. From what
I've heard, that's what they'll be. Also, how many Space Marine special
weapons got messed up? Almost all Ork artillery (especially Pulsa Rockets)
has gotten reduced to being "Big Shootas". Pulsa WERE good for setting
screens, corridors of fire, etc. Now they'll fly over to the target area,
go BOOM! and that's it.

Eric