Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Jason Robinson <ewing_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 23:10:34 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, David Knowles wrote:
> OK so maybe your titans don`t die in CC, but mine do!!! I am
> constantly attacked by swarms of buzzing, annoying Jetbikes, sometimes I can
> shoot enough of them to give my Titan a chance of winning, but there are
> times when this just isn`t possible. And my Titans DIE!!! Miserably!!!
> Taken out by skinney Eldar on bikes, I mean I wouldn`t mind if they died in
> CC against a worthy opponent but they don`t!!!

 Try protecting them some way!
 I usually use 2 tactics against jet bike attacks; 1) Put some first
 fire troops behind the titans, so they can shoot at the skimmers before
 CC. 2) Keep a large (6-10) detachment of cheap infantry/fast troops
 near the titan, on charge orders. If you are forced to move them and
 the titan first, spread them on the titan base, so that the eldar
 player can only get a few jetbikes on the base. If he/she moves first
 with the bikes AND charges the titan, charge the bikes with the infantry,
 so that you will get a numerical advantage in CC (= you get to choose
 the order of close combat).

        - Jason