Re: [Epic] "FIREPOWER" and Blast Markers

From: Greg Lane <greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:32:13 -0500

J Andrew Evans wrote:

> Thane Morgan wrote:
>
> > J Andrew Evans wrote:
> >
> > > Reading through the Rules changes errata just published in Firepower I
> > > come across this:
> > >
> > > Epic Rulebook
> > > page 31: Extra text added to the end of para 4:
> > > "Each blast marker on a detachment reduces its super heavy weapon shots
> > > or firepower by one each. The detachment's firepower is always reduced
> > > first, and if the blast markers exceed its firepower the remainders are
> > > deducted from its super-heavy weapon shots."
> > >
> > > I think this reverses the consensus we were coming to over Blast markers
> > > affecting weapons not shots and means the 3xAT weapon needs three BMs to
> > > shut it down.
> > >
> > > A#
> >
> > I think your right, though an official example would be good.
> >
> > Thane
>
> Thinking about it more overnight, I think it depends on one's definition of
> "shots." Is a 3xAT effect which is recording in firepower column as (3) for
> close combat support 3 shots or 1?
>
> A#

Well, it can be aimed at three units, right? That would seem to indicate "shots"
and given the errata shifted to "shots" from "weapons", that may be the new
operative word ... need to read the whole article and see if any other changes
indirectly clarify these points.

See, we are having fun On Topic again!