Re: [Epic] Epic 40K

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:47:16 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Andy Skinner wrote:

> Anyone want to summarize what stuff has been revealed at the
> Epic IRC meeting? Did it happen?

No one showed so I'm not going to do it anymore.

> I've got a couple of questions. Are pop-ups different from
> the current system?

Pop-ups do LOS from the top of the intervening terrian.... no more "see
everything"

> Do models still have to be 6cm apart?

No but all units in a detachment must stay within 30cm of HQ unit.

> I've seen the term "orders dice" mentioned. Does that just mean
> that you roll to see if you do what you've been told, or is this
> different?

Consider them multi-sided counters. No rolling of order dice is used.

> I've seen something about initiative being broken up per phase.
> Once someone has won initiative for the movement phase, does
> that person decide who moves their entire army, as current?
> Still no alternation, in other words?

No alteration in movement. Init is broken up into 4 checks at movement
reg. shooting, war engine shooting, and assault.

> thanks,

welocme

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy