Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 19:47:28 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, David Knowles wrote:

> OK so maybe your titans don`t die in CC, but mine do!!! I am
> constantly attacked by swarms of buzzing, annoying Jetbikes, sometimes I can
> shoot enough of them to give my Titan a chance of winning, but there are
> times when this just isn`t possible. And my Titans DIE!!! Miserably!!!
> Taken out by skinney Eldar on bikes, I mean I wouldn`t mind if they died in
> CC against a worthy opponent but they don`t!!!
>
> DSK

Jetbikes are the only ones that can do it in my opinion. You do have a
problem. What race are you playing? How many points? I would suggest
tacticals on FF in the area. Something cheap, like IG tac troops or Chaos
Squats (2 dice 5+, no save mod) are ideal for the job. The Jetbikes are
disadvantaged by their status as a skimmer (amazing how this balances out)
and you should take advantage of it. If you can't afford some kind of
firing squad bodyguard then I would suggest that your points are to low
for taking a Titan.

Really, we would need more specifics (maybe examples) to give any really
good advice. This by the way (IMHO) is what the list is best at. Just
issue the challenge ("you can't defend Titans") and watch the people on
the list rise to the occasion.

Chad