Re: Re: [Epic] different scales

From: <Galleo_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 23:46:25 EDT

<The whole problem is that GW should be called FW or MW where F stands
<for Figure or M is Miniature. While E40K comes close to being a real
<set of war games rules, it still has some problems, the 1:1.5:3 ratio of
<small arms:tanks:artillery range being the one of biggest.
<
<Command Decision 3rd edition is out now. I am giving very strong
<thoughts to doing army lists and weapons charts for the major WH40K/Epic
<races. Just as a test how many list members would like to see this?
<Or for that matter have CD3?

Not I. Although I like Command Decision I for one cannot see why one would
want to use that system with E40K. For me E40K is a fun set of rules to play
when I'm not playing DBM which is an ancients rules set and I like it that
way. Also from what I've read of the 40K Universe I seriously doubt that Orks
and Tyranids have armies remotely close to the detailed OBs that are done for
CD. Eldar and Chaos maybe. SM likely. IG probably. CD is much to complex a
rules set to use for gothic scifi. But that's just my opinion.

John