Re: [Epic] Epic shock troops

From: Tracy Hale <axe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 00:38:28 -0600 (CST)

> >>The U.S. marines are shock troops? Sorry couldn't resist.
>
> It's just that by comparing them to the other units you mentioned, or the
> British SAS or the gurkas, they just don't quite fit into the same level.
> They're good, but I'd never consider them elite.

OK, heres may analogy. The marines compare to napoleonic converged
grenadier battalions. Better then the standard battalion but still
not quite elite.

On a related note.
Gurkas, now theres a unit to model Imperial guard assault troops after.

"A place where life has no value but death sometimes has a price"

Tracy Hale
axe_at_...
axe_at_...