Re: [Epic] Epic shock troops

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 02:41:42 -0800

Jason Stephensen wrote:

> It's just that by comparing them to the other units you mentioned, or the
> British SAS or the gurkas, they just don't quite fit into the same level.
> They're good, but I'd never consider them elite.

Shock troops are the guys you throw at the enemy in force and they hold
a position. I think Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima are classic examples of the
use of shock troops. The key ingredients of defining shock troops are
high morale, discipline,and training. The marines are trained
specifically for this role. And I think it would be hard to argue the
the marines have low morale and discipline.

danlobb_at_...