Re: [Epic] scale

From: Dan Lobb <danlobb_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 14:31:28 -0800

I wasn't aware that Epic was suppose to be a 1 to 1 scale. I thought
each tank represented a squad of tanks and that infantry stand was
platoon size. And in no way did I think that the models and terrain
features conform to any scale! I guess I never bothered to read the
section on scale. Well, kiiiick me!?!! I am truly devestated. I should
never have read this thread. How will I get to sleep tonight? This is
worse than BattleTech targeting modifiers for a mech that has barely
moved. (I won't get into that. ugh.)

But seriously folks, the scale is wacko. In most WW2 micro-armor
(1/285)rules where the scale is 1:1 even the Russian tank squads have
unit coherency ranges of 300m to 400m. And they didn't have radios! Most
medium tanks have effective ranges of 600m to 800m and extreme ranges of
1200m to 1600m. (1cm = 10m)

I think I'll just ignore this thread and go back to being blissfully
ignorant:] I figured the ranges for the advanced weaponry would be OK if
the ground scale was something like 1cm = 10m or 20m and that we only
had effective ranges to deal with. This would make the small arms as
effective as light to medium WW2 tanks. I can live with that:)

Disclaimer for the sensitive reading audience:
This is not a rant or a flame directed at anyone, I am being somewhat
tongue in cheek.

danlobb_at_...