Re: [Epic] GW and Copyright

From: <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 16:35:55 +1000 (EST)

>> Gee. The more I hear about some of the rules from Epic97, the more I start
>> to think about DirtsideII and StargruntII. Most of the rules I've heard
>> have been "stolen" from those systems, but aren't in a similar enough form
>> for GW to breach copyright. Kinda walking a fine line aren't they? Well I
>> think so anyway!
>>
>> -Kelvin.....
>>

>Considering the originality of their material, they've always walked a
>fine line on the copyright stuff :) Good miniatures, though...

I dunno, some of their latest stuff has been absolute shite. Take the Metal
Warlord or even the new Epic97 one. I will admit that on the whole they
still produce the best miniatures. Anything touched by Jes Goodwin (oh, we
are not worthy to pronounce his immortal name!) turns to gold, though. All
praise the mighty hands of Goodwin ;-)! Wish he'd teach the Warzone guys a
thing or two, those Great Grey hover-vehicles are terrible!

-Kelvin.....

         "Do not run, we are your friends."
           -Martians from 'Mars Attacks'
          email: kx.henderson_at_...