Re: [Epic] Jervis' Letter

From: Lorenzo Canapicchi <lcanapic_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 16:07:16 +0100

Marc wrote:

> Again about this stupid letter ...
>
> If you think it is funny to say that 'all english are greedy' or that we
> 'beat the greedy europeans' ass in two wars' is funny, it is your right.

I don't know this guy but I HOPE this was only a bit of sarcasm, don't
you?
I live in Tuscany, and in my town, Grosseto, we have a sort of rivalry
with Siena
this date back to medieval age when we was under Siena submission, this
cause
some disagreement but nothing really serious it's just an amusing
competition.
How can you respect other peoples if you don't understand this?

> I am not english (and I don't feel very european )

ok 'all english are greedy' it's bad and 'I don't feel very europen' it
isn't?
it seems a contradiction to me....

> but I always thought that
> calling people 'greedy <group, nationality or ethny>' is called
> 'racism'.Don't you ?

...depending on the context and the the person who say it .....

> I do.That's why I don't find it funny. It is my right too. That is why I
> told Keith He answered me that I should tell it to the person that wrote the
> message and not to him, and period.
>
> That's all.

ok, but there is no need to alter ...
without resentment.