Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 22:31:54 -0800

David Knowles wrote:

> My main problem is that the Eldar player is getting rather good at
> hiding his jetbikes (which he takes rather a lot of) until the last moment
> when they jump out, swarm maybe two of my titans and take them out.

> Any tactics anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.
> DSK
>
> P.S. I`ve no real wish to appear stupid (even though I probably do already)
> but can someone tell me what IMHO means?

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion
AFAIK - As Far As I Know
IIRC - If I Remember Correctly
BTW - By The Way

There are others, but these are the common ones.

As for Titans vs Eldar Jetbikes:

1. Try Doing Unto Others - First.
This means using a Land Speeder or Thawk to observe fire for your
barrage Titans. A Typical config vs Eldar is to keep your Titan behind a
hill, arm it with, say, 1 Barrage Missile Launcher, 2 Titan
Multi-Rocket-Launchers, and a Landing Pad ( and a Deathstrike cannon
head is always useful), then pour directed fire without scattering onto
those pesky bikes. A Barrage Missile can wipe out quite a few. 3 Titans
armed this way can take out a windrider host in its entirety.

2. Be a Heretic
The first time a Windrider Host attempted to gang-up one of my Titans,
they experienced the Old Chaos Tentacle Trick. Half wiped out before
combat. I had some First Fire too, and the lot went west for no
casualties.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture