Re: [Epic] Infiltrators in Drop Pods

From: Alexis Nahib Delgado Saab <alexis_usb_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 21:47:48 PDT

   I cant Tell you a reason that may show why Lictors could do this...

    because they�re not only very stealthy... but because of the
camaleonic (is it right??) capacity of the lyctors!!

    they could move right in front of anybody and wouldn�t be seen...

                   (__)
                   oo )
                   |_/\

>I'm getting the feeling that whilst no one can come up with a reason
why this is
>illegal it doesn't gell right with the game mechanics and with
"reality."
>Therefore it seems reasonable to implement a house rule that
infiltrators do not
>get their move after drop pod use.
>
>This is fine with Eldar Scouts, Marine Scouts, Kommandos, Chaos
Veterans,
>ratlings, etc etc but I continue to have a structural problem with the
Tyranid.
>Because the Tyranid need three synapse creatures to lead a detachment,
one is
>limited as to how many detachments one can create - by how many synapse
models
>you've got. One cannot create a detachment made up entirely of Lictors
and thus
>Lictors are likely to end up in lots of ordinary detachments. The Army
lists
>are written, IMHO, with a view to creating two sorts of detachments -
one where
>the nasties board Assault Spawn and travel across the table to their
lunch (in
>this lictors can race ahead, no problem) and a second Mycetic Spawn
which is
>almost invariably dropped from above straight into the dining room.
>
>Are we really limiting Lictors to a role in the first, Assault Swarm,
and
>limiting their usefulness elsewhere. Just seems a pity, is all.
Perhaps the
>"solution" is for Lictors in Mycetic Swarms not to drop with the others
but to
>appear, using their infiltrate move from any table edge.
>
>Hey! Have I just talked myself into a solution. Is the "reality" that
the
>lictors did not drop from the pods at all but simply revealed
themselves in
>their hiding places (up to 45cm from the drop zone) where they were
hiding from
>a previous infiltration.
>
>Am I convincing anyone?
>
>A#
>
>Sauron1 wrote:
>
>> Sauron1 writes; Allen;
>>
>> In order for the Infiltrator rule to work,as stated, we would
have to
>> consider that the transporting device actually uses up No Game Turn
Time
>> that can be deducted from the transported units movement? Time
Travel?