Re: [Epic] Epic shock troops

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 09:53:10 -0600

At 12:49 AM 3/5/97 +0000, you wrote:
>The US Marines....Shock Troops!! Hard to believe!!
>What about Somalia when the Boyz got their asses kicked back into the sea!!

Um, I dont' think that's the way it happened. In any case, Somalia was
another situation where the "rules of engagement" were ridiculously strict.

"Okay boys, you have to go in and rout the warlords who are challenging the
rightfully elected government . . . Everybody pass your clips to the right.
Squad leaders collect the ammo and check 'em."

Actually, I heard it was more like, "If someone fires on you, you are NOT to
return fire unless there are casualties involved." Under those situations,
I'm surprised there weren't a lot of atrocities commited out of frustration.

Finally, to defend myself from further disparaging remarks, I didn't just
make up this designation.

Temp