Re: [Epic] Epic shock troops

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 11:41:18 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> At 12:49 AM 3/5/97 +0000, you wrote:
> >The US Marines....Shock Troops!! Hard to believe!!
> >What about Somalia when the Boyz got their asses kicked back into the sea!!
>
> Um, I dont' think that's the way it happened. In any case, Somalia was
> another situation where the "rules of engagement" were ridiculously strict.
>
> "Okay boys, you have to go in and rout the warlords who are challenging the
> rightfully elected government . . . Everybody pass your clips to the right.
> Squad leaders collect the ammo and check 'em."
>
> Actually, I heard it was more like, "If someone fires on you, you are NOT to
> return fire unless there are casualties involved." Under those situations,
> I'm surprised there weren't a lot of atrocities commited out of frustration.
>
> Finally, to defend myself from further disparaging remarks, I didn't just
> make up this designation.
>
> Temp

If you are talking about the Rangers. The results had to do with being
surrounded. Still, we took a little over 100 casualties and dished out
will over 1000. Not bad I would say. When you run a spec ops mission
sometimes shit goes very bad. And when it is bad, it gets very "dark as
in bottom of a pit" kind of bad. But that is the price you pay.

Chad