Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 11:09:41 -0500 (EST)

duckrvr_at_... writes:
> At 11:10 PM 3/4/97 +0200, you wrote:
> > If he/she moves first
> > with the bikes AND charges the titan, charge the bikes with the infantry,
> > so that you will get a numerical advantage in CC (= you get to choose
> > the order of close combat).
>
> Or just move away from the bikes, since the titan is not pinned. In your
> case, you can even kill them with your FF troops.

        That won't work. He stated, I think, that these are
long-ranged Titans, which sounds like an automatic FF order to me. If
they're on FF, they won't be moving very far.

        I think you just need to place your Devastators better. I
think I need to have 6 Jetbikes CC the Titan for one of them to get an
advantage on it, and I'm not going to be able to fit 15 bikes around
the Titan no matter what I do. So my best guess is that you're being
mobbed by 10 bikes, and you'll want to shoot 5 of them down. If you
took a custom head other than the Deathstrike, that will either give
you another shot on the bikes or raise your CC so the 6th bike
probably won't do anything...
        Between the CMLs and the Head, you'll probably take out one or
two bikes, leaving only 3-4 for the Devastators to take out.

        All bets are off if the bikes can't be shot at. You're about
as screwed as a second turn T-hawk attack.

Mark