Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Jason Robinson <ewing_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 20:35:42 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:
> We have a house rule that you can't charge through a unit with less than 2
> cm between stands (and some people play that as long as you are in cohesion
> you can't), so it really only takes about 4 stands to protect a titan. Even
> without this rule, 6 should be sufficient. Maybe you should throw a Medic
> or Chaplain in with your cheap troops to bolster them.

 Sounds reasonable, although some might argue that skimmers should be
 able to charge anyway, since they are skimmers. :-/ I agree that this
 is a great rule with all ground troops, but I don't think I could
 convince my eldar opponent to use this with his jet bikes. :)

> > If he/she moves first
> > with the bikes AND charges the titan, charge the bikes with the infantry,
> > so that you will get a numerical advantage in CC (= you get to choose
> > the order of close combat).
> Or just move away from the bikes, since the titan is not pinned. In your
> case, you can even kill them with your FF troops.

 Well, my example assumed that the titan moves first, then gets swamped
 by jet bikes and then the infantry move. With alternating movement,
 there is a risk that the eldar player uses one jet bike detachment
 to pin the infantry and then swamps the titan, but war is risky. :)
 It all comes down to the situation.

        - Jason