Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 11:56:21 -0500

> From: Colin Partridge <9404237p_at_...>
>
> Now while we're on the subject of Titan CAF I have a question. How
> do people handle Titans armed with more than one Close combat weapon?
> Are the effects of both weapons applied or does a choice have to be
> made?
> I'm sorry if this issue has been raised before.

        Do you mean for the purposes of winning combat, or for
resolving the damage caused by winning the combat?

        As far as trying to win the combat, add 'em all up. So
yes 2 chainfists give you +2D6 CAF.

        If you mean resolving damage... I don't think the rules are
clear on this, but my take would be you have to choose. ie If your
Reaver is armed with a chain fist & a las burner and you beat up on
a wussie Phantom, you can either do 1 roll with the fist's +2 damage
bonus or D6 rolls with the las burner. Doing D6 rolls with a +2
bonus on each sounds a little silly (the las burner does more damage
because you have a chainfist?). Or if you have 2 chain fists, do
you get a +4 damage bonus? I would say no. Winning CC only gives
you one 'hit', if the system was such that you got more (like in 40k),
maybe then you could resolve some hits with each weapon.

Scott
shupes_at_...