Re: [Epic] Market-Garden (long)

From: <fourmillers_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 23:49:45 -0500

>Well, that's kinda where I was heading with this. A mini-campaign dealing
>with the whole operation, from XXX Corps' kick off, through Nijmegen,
Grave,
>and up to Arnhem. We only played the Arnhem section, and were somewhat
>constrained by what we had for terrain. I gave what we used. We
endeavored
>to recreate that sort of operational feel, and decided to stick with the
>regular units, inf and armor, and not use Titans (ie, we didn't have any
put
>together yet...this was a while ago). So.....T-Hawk sized gliders?
>Hmmmmm....Nahhhhhh.....
>
>Josh R

------------> Well NOW the wheels are certainly turning...no Market-garden,
though. having a couple of sets of SM1 buildings, and recently cquiring my
4th (!) set of SM2, plus some special custom landmarks well, I gots lotsa
buildings.

I also have a lot of ASL which has spent most of the last year or so
gathering dust. Where's that Red Barricades box...

Stalingrad mini-campaign, anyone?

I'm thinking Imperials vs Orks here, with the Imperial Guard as Wehrmacht
troops, Marines as Panzer Divisions, Orks as Russians. Work in some titans,
I think this would work.

Chaos might work as the defenders as well (or attackers...) especially if
early in the history, before the renegades got all sticky...

The main requirement/distinctive feature would be the all-urban map with
some special buildings, parks, rubbled sections, and a large river.

Let me work on some maps

Chris Miller