Re: [Epic] Disrupts Idea

From: Greg Lane <greg_at_...>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:49:48 -0500

I agree that a rule to allow the Supreme Commanders to have a beneficial impact on BM removal is also a good idea, and I don't have a
majorproblem with 2d6-1 for that effect for units VERY close to the SC. My own thoughts have gone more to "all detachments within
30cm of a Supreme Commander get d6+1 blast markers removed", so that the effect would be less game changing (more subtle) but still
meaningful to anyone within the 30 cm command distance ... fewer distances to remember, etc. This still gives a good reason for
Supreme Commanders, which many players just skip having right now. And, it encourages the Supremee Commander detachment to be used in
a central leading role within the army to maximize the number of detachments which get the automatic 2 BM's removed.

Andrew, what do you think about this suggestion?

However, I would still like to focus on my idea concerning dealing with the mega BM's in excess of MP's idea. We all can easily
remember our own MP levels for each detachment, since it is one of THE crucial numbers in the game. I am thinking that a detachment
which has been reduced to half or less of its units and lost its own MP factor already would no longer suffer BM unit destruction, but
just have to carry the BM's it gets with no relief ... after all, it is effectively combat disabled already. This would also
encourage players to retreat these disabled units to their rear areas and potentially remove them from their table edge to avoid the
cumulative BM effect on the total score. This is a proper command decision and operational level tactic that is virtually
non-existent in most player's repertoires. A few of my opponents understand and employ this tactic already, which makes them a bit
tougher to beat with big Disrupt units. But, the combination of these ideas makes for a more 'real' feel, IMO.

Greg