Re: [Epic] Disrupts Idea

From: Geoff Kemp <geoffkemp_at_...>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 09:28:18 +0100

All this talk of disrupts reminds me of an I dea I had a little while ago :

FLYERS - Thunderhawk Variant 1 (psy ops)

The original idea for this comes from the Gulf War in 1991, where C-130
transports were used on special "psy ops" missions, these missions were
mostly launched by the Georgia ANG, for those who are interested. I�ve
decided to see if I can recreate these units in E40K, as the closes this to
a C-130 in E40K would be the Thunderhawk.

A psy ops Thunderhawk, has instead of transport capacity, equipment to
disrupt enemy communications and battlelines. This often consists of both
telepaths, to disrupt communications and implant "suggestions" in to the
minds of the enemy, and Tele kinetists, to destroy enemy armour with their
powers. Also contained are electronic equipment such as ECM gear and
holographic projectors.

These flyers are deployed by the Imperial Navy to assist in offensives by
the guard, often rendering the enemy so demoralised that the Imperial Guard
detachments are often only left with a clearing up job to do.

FLYERS

Uni Speed Range Firepower Assault Armour Special

Thunderhawk Flyer 30 cm Disrupt x2 1/4 6+

Tip: this might sound really obvious but I think this would be best on
"Ground Attack" missions

Points value :- 105

Note this variant of the Thunderhawk, like Titans is in a detachment of 1