Re: [Epic] Flak vests and newtech

From: Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <brother_morgan_at_...>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 14:29:49 +0100

In article <01f701bde8b4$24312600$9512b3d1_at_luv4u>,
tzeentch666_at_... writes

>But, amusingly enough, in the tests they have done, the biggest problem with
>all this newtech stuff is the damn batteries run out too fast. Which makes
>me wonder, how long does the power supply on a SM powersuit last?

Paraphrasing from the Rogue Trader (40K first edition) sourcebook:

"To the inhabitants of the 41st millenium, holographic heads-up displays
and other similarly advance things are as innovative as stone circles."

I also remember reading about some sort of power supply they use which
is very ickle... also remember that if you can recharge a Lasgun by just
throwing it in the fire...

>Ken
>The world is looking more and more like Cyberpunk 2020 every day. Just saw
>an article about skinwatches.....

Can you quote it?

--
Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister, UIN 13168333 <brother_morgan_at_...>
Colen's Warhammer Page: <http://surf.to/colen/>     DiaChronos Software: