Re: [Epic] Eldar & Disrupts.

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 08:12:53 -0600

Solzak_at_... wrote:

> In a message dated 9/29/98 8:19:41 PM Central Daylight Time, thane_at_...
> writes:
>

> When you say this you had better know that most tyranid players are looking
> to get into assault. After all...the tyranid strong point is not sitting back
> and shooting. I mean...al that I would have to do is m arch a wave serpent 85
> cm....unload....and engage you with aspect warriors who have an assault
> 5...and if that doesn't work...use my wave serpents to disrupt the
> biovores..after all range 90 disrupt for a night spinner is pretty good to
> take out things at a distance.

Yes, but having the artillery ability, the odds are a wave serpent won't be able to see
the biovore who will be behind cover. And since you'll have to charge the closest unit,
a genestealler detat or assault spawn or termagant detatchment in front of the biovore
will prevent directly assault the biovore.

The nightspinners are double the points of the biovore, so you will not be able to
trade shots well. Also, a nightspinner detat will surely be a prime target for pod
bound troops.

I'm not saying it's not a sound strategy, but just don't go into a game thinking it is
a sure thing. It is very hard to go somewhere that bugs don't want you to go.

Thane