Re: [Epic] Firepower - My 5 cents

From: J Andrew Evans <J_Andrew_Evans_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 14:01:25 +0100

Michael and Catherine Goh wrote:

> Flak - these units are quite significant now, but I can still see the point
> of going on flak! orders. However what I am not too clear about is can a
> flak unit on flak! orders fire its rounds at incoming flyers (e.g. 3
> firepower vs a target) and then snap fire at it (1 dice attack) at each and
> every other target - including the one originally attacked? I suspect it
> could attack the others, but snap firing at the same target might be a bit
> much.

Not the way I read it. If not on (!) orders the Flak unit can snap fire. If
it is on (!) then it fires with any special abilities like AT. The key
sentence is:
p13
"If on special (!) orders the flak unit works as described in the rules."

which for me means, no snap-fire at aircraft.

> Super Heavy Tanks - initially it talks about super heavy tanks SUCH AS ...
> then makes specific references to the Baneblades, Shadowswords and Ork
> Battlefortresses. What I'm not too clear about is do these rules apply to
> Eldar ones as well (which actually describe them as super heavy tanks in
> their description). I hope so otherwise it disadvantages the Eldar
> compared to the Imperials. The Eldar ones are more vulnerable due to their
> 5 armour, but less so as they can pop up attack.

Yep, I think it applies to Engines of Vaul as well as they are "Super-Heavy
grav-tanks" see p72 of the Army book.

> Nuff Said

Nuff response?

A#