Re: [Epic] Will it won't it and stuff

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 1998 09:01:36 -0500

Andy Skinner wrote:

> > > I think you ought to mail him back a thanks for his warning, and the
> > > information that we have since moved.
> > >
> > > andy
> >
> > But have we? Last I heard of the 218 on this list only 70-odd had moved
> > over.
>
> and from another message:
>
> >Hey Tor! Does this mean they going to let us keep the old list??!!
> >
> >Wow. That does present us with a problem.
>
> The guy isn't looking for a new administrator at the same site, but someone
> to send the list of addresses to, to start a new site. So this really was
> confirmation that the current list is going away.
>
> I don't know why some haven't moved yet.
>
> I wish I'd saved Scott Shupe's new email address, since he asked for someone
> to let him know where we end up. I hope someone else did.

If in fact they are going to pull the plug and there are any members
marked as "hidden", I would like the list. (mlooney_at_...).

This does bring up a point. Should I force add the other members of the
list if they drop us or should we just assume that they are lurkers that
don't want to be on it any more?