Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Orders

From: Cameron Bentsen <stu7i95_at_...>
Date: 05 Mar 1997 18:25 EST

In message "[Epic] Epic 40K Orders", you write:

> On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Christian Taylor wrote:
>
> > In case no one else has said so, thanks for all of the details you've been
> > sharing with the group. As someone who is actually kind of excited about
> > how E40k will play, I've found it all very illuminating. I just hope they
> > haven't done a half-assed effort of writing up the rules, rule ambiguity
> > being one of GW's weak points (IMHO).

I agree, your comments (having seen & played Epic40K) are appreciated...

> well, you're welcome... As you can tell from the tone of my posts I've
> played a couple (5-6) games of E40k, and I like it. My main reason for
> posting what I know is a lot of people are scared of E40k given GW's
> reputation (well deserved IMO). I just wanted to get some facts out so
> poeple don't give it a miss based on just rumors.
>
> > You wouldn't be able to give an example of builing a detachment, and/or
> > how the unit costs work to do so?
>
> No problem, since I'm an Imperial Guard player I'll do an example of that.

[snip example]

> So let's see what we've got:
> -------------------------
> 1x IG Command
> 1x IG Command (+Psyker)
> 4x IG Regulars (2 squads)
> 4x IG Hvy (4 squads)
> 5x Chimeras
> 5x Sentinels (1 squad)
> 2x Leman Russ
>
> Points total is: 88 (Command) + 140 (Main) + 129 (Support) = 257 points.

This would represent one detachment in your army, and you would (presumably)
have several detachments like this, right?

So how does VP work for a detachment like this?

Cameron Bentsen, Ottawa