Re: [Epic] Epic 40K Orders

From: Paul Tobia <heresy_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 09:28:33 -0600 (CST)

On 5 Mar 1997, Cameron Bentsen wrote:

> > So let's see what we've got:
> > -------------------------
> > 1x IG Command
> > 1x IG Command (+Psyker)
> > 4x IG Regulars (2 squads)
> > 4x IG Hvy (4 squads)
> > 5x Chimeras
> > 5x Sentinels (1 squad)
> > 2x Leman Russ
> >
> > Points total is: 88 (Command) + 140 (Main) + 129 (Support) = 257 points.
> >

> This would represent one detachment in your army, and you would (presumably)
> have several detachments like this, right?

Yep... I've seen anywhere from 3 dets. for Tyranids to about 10 for an Ork
army.

> So how does VP work for a detachment like this?

It's not really VPs anymore, it's Morale. Take your total points for the
det. divide by 50, round up and that's the Morale of the det. Break point
is 1/2 the number of units in the det. Add together all the Morale from
all the dets. and you've got the Army Morale. When a det. breaks you
subtract the Morale from your total Army Morale. Objectives and
supression can also change Morale. First army to 0 Morale loses.

Paul R. Tobia _O_
"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon |
full of tapes hurtling down the highway." (Tanenbaum,1996)
ptobia_at_... http://falcon.cc.ukans.edu/~heresy