Re: [Epic] Titans and CC (a new theory...)

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 13:32:07 GMT

At 04:37 PM 5/3/97 -0600, you wrote:
>> > It seems pretty clear
>> >to me that your proposed interpretation is not what GW intended, especially
>> >considering it doesn't make much sense logically. Non-skimmers can only
>> >hurt the titan if they touch it's feet... but they can never get there since
>> >they'll be pinned at the base... so why even say the bit about the feet
>> >if they can never get there?
>>
>> You can get there IF THE TITAN IS PINNED...
>
>Whether or not a model is pinned has nothing to do with whether or not
>it can pin other models. If an enemy SHV is pinned by my titan, and I
>charge the SHV with an infantry model, my infantry model is still pinned.

It is true that if you charge the SHV you are pinned when you engage in CC,
however...

If you want to move past the SHV and engage something else, but there is
insufficient room to do this, you will not be pinned by contacting the model
as you move past because the SHV is pinned and cannot pin you against your will.

More tomorrow when I quote the pinning rules...

Agro